On this course, you will literally spend a day creating your own website from scratch. We go through the entire process from beginning to end with you. All in layman's terms, no jargon or complicated coding. You'll be surprised how simple it can be when you actually do it yourself and follow our step by step instructions. As they say, the best way of learning is doing. All you need is some basic computer skills, a laptop and a free day. It's a brilliant skill to have, a great way to make some extra money or a super way to save money (and never pay a web designer again)
So if our business is website development, why teach others to do what we do and create competition? Well firstly, we love teaching and sharing, it's that simple. We also understand the world is changing and equipping people with these sorts of computer skills is important, it's becoming easier and easier for people to create websites themselves, we want to be part of that process, empower people rather than fight against it. The future is here. Who knows, maybe we help a bunch of small businesses get started or help save a small business owner a lot of money or give a marketing manager some new skills .... if we can do that, then we have done well :)
How Long Is The Course?
Our beginners course is a FULL DAY from 08h00-17h00 and we try run these on weekends so you can make it between your normal working hours.
Who Should Attend?
- Any small business owner who wants to learn how to build, manage and control their own website and online presence
- Young (or young at heart) people looking for a valuable new skill or offering to add to their existing portfolio
- Folks looking to make extra income from building websites, even a small once a month project could mean an extra few thousand rands in your bank account
- Individuals looking to start an online business, blogging, retail, you name it, it can be done.
Why Attend This Course
Getting a new website built for you will probably cost more than R3000-R5000, so if you’re interested in attending and learning how to make your own website, well, at the end of the course, you would have made your very own website, you have nothing to loose, only gain. If you’re looking for a new skill, a way to start an online business or start making websites for other people, consider it an investment. You can easily charge R2800 to build someone else’s website, so in essence, after your first job, you will break even. The course also includes a session on business basics, so you can get started right away, a great way to supplement your income. We offer 24/7 post training support, full access to our online tutorials and full access to the course presentation post training. We want you to succeed with whatever you’re doing, that’s our mark of success.
How We Run This Course
We keep classes small (less than 10 people) and we sit around the table and literally build a website from scratch. We have our computer projecting on a big screen and show you exactly what to do and where to click. We use a Joomla CMS for doing this. Joomla is FREE software for website building and if you can use MS Word, you have enough skills to do this. We ask you to bring all your photos and content you plan on putting on your website with, so we are ready to build on the day. Our course contents include:
- Session 1: Website Design Planning Steps and the Joomla CMS - just getting our heads around the terminology used
Session 2: Lets get started and upload your content to the server .... this is the first step, getting your website software onto a server. (It sounds complicated but it's really simple when you know how)
Session 3: The Joomla Interface, finding your way around – perfecting the layout, adding your logo, changing colours and getting the broad look and feel of your website sweet.
- Session 5: Adding the menu .... the buttons people visiting your website will click on
- Session 5: Adding content and editing pages people will read and adding images / photos that you want people to see
- Session 4: Adding your extras, things like social media links & making contact us forms
- Session 6: Advanced extras, including things like slide shows, photo galleries, maps and endless options to your website
- Session 7: SEO basics – getting your website on search engines, the basic essentials
- Session 8: Website maintenance, things you need to do and take care of to keep your website working
- Session 9: Going LIVE
What Is Joomla CMS: Joomla is one of the most popular free content management systems (CMS) in the world that allows you to easily create and manage a very cool website. It has a very simple management interface to control all the features and functionality of your website and do live editing. Even better, there are hundreds of free extensions written for Joomla that allows users to grow and customize what your website can do. Joomla Content Management System is supported by a large and friendly community where newbies can rely on assistance from more experienced members. Joomla counted more than 30 million downloads in 2012 and is growing!
The cost for the full day course is R2800 per person. This includes a manual, light snacks, access to WiFi during the course and access to post course support anytime!
The course costs also include your own domain name & hosting for a full year (this will normally cost you more than R1500 on it's own) - prior to the course starting, we will get this all set up for you, so you're ready to go on the day. By the end of the day, your website will be LIVE!
Our next Course Dates are scheduled in Durban on:
- Saturday 1 September 2018.
- Saturday 29 September 2018
- Saturday 6 October 2018
- Saturday 27 October 2018
You can book below or drop us a line with any questions you may have
Once we have your details, we will be in touch personally to discuss other planning (venue, dietary requirements, the domain name you would like us to secure etc...)